CAPTAIN OF SCHOOL ANNOUNCED AS TUCKWELL SCHOLAR

August 2, 2023

Hale’s Captain of School, Ashton Bryant, has been named as a Tuckwell Scholar for 2024.

The Tuckwell Scholarship Program is a highly sought-after undergraduate scholarship program offered to 25 talented school leavers to study at ANU. The successful students are selected based on intellect, character, leadership and their commitment to Australia.

Ashton is one of only three West Australian students to be selected this year, who will take up their place in February 2024, subject to gaining admission to ANU.

“To be honest I’m a little taken aback! One thing that struck me when I went for my interview was the people I was getting to know – some were incredible changemakers and I feel privileged to be awarded the opportunity to learn and work with them in the Tuckwell environment.”

Aside from being Hale’s Captain of School this year, Ashton is an all-round high achiever, who plays AFL Colts football for Claremont Football Club.

Ashton plans to study a Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws double degree.

“My passion lies in economics and I think a further understanding of the law will allow me to apply my knowledge in economics to make positive change.”

Hale School’s last Tuckwell Scholar was 2019 Captain of School, Matthew Foster. In addition to funding, a cornerstone of the scholarship is Scholars House, where scholars can access private study spaces, mentoring from Tuckwell Fellows

Share Article