Preparing children for the future is a priority in our rapidly evolving world. The Hale Institute of Innovation and Research was established in 2017 to give our students and staff opportunities to experience and develop the latest innovations in learning and learn from research findings to enhance educational excellence.
The Hale Institute partners with institutions to strategically inform, direct and improve the learning experience for our students and the wider educational community. Our partners include Microsoft (Showcase School, Surface School and Innovative Educator Expert membership), Curtin University Innovative Schools Consortium, International Boys’ Schools Coalition, ACEL Innovation in Education Network, Research Invested Schools network and a range of universities including the University of Notre Dame Australia and the University of Western Australia.
The remit for the Hale Institute is extensive and varied with a range of projects including the following:
Explore Innovation Scholarship
The Hale58 Academy provides students with an opportunity to undertake micro-credentials, short courses or experiences that are recognised, improve employability and the student’s skill set for the future. Courses and skills include:
- Rising Scholar Program – an advanced tertiary learning experience at university for high achieving students to complete fully accredited units of study.
- Shark Tank eSchool – developing skills of entrepreneurship, collaboration and innovation.
- Levitate Program – personal development, study and life skills to foster improvement in the areas of productivity, focus and results.
- Active Leadership – Student leadership program including practical and theory components to complete a credentialed unit of study from UWA.
- Surge Program – life skills program incorporating study skills, time management, organisation and planning skills.
- Drone course – CASA certified Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) accreditation.
- Innovation Workshops – co-developing digital solutions with an industry start up.
- Case Comp – a real world global business case challenge incorporating creativity and entrepreneurial skills.
- Youth Innovation Think Tank – Human-centred design thinking challenge to create solutions to real world problems in the health sector.
- Imagine Cup Junior – a design thinking challenge to conceptualise ethical solutions using artificial intelligence.
Hale School Innovation Scholarship
Action Research Program
The Action Research program is designed to promote teaching excellence through undertaking a research project that focuses on the enhancement and continual development of teaching and learning at Hale School. In collaboration with experts from Curtin University, staff research projects are aligned with the School’s Strategic Plan and an area of research and need, culminating in presentation their findings in literature or at national or international conferences’. Current action research projects include improving academic engagement in boarding students and the factors to develop effective academic leadership.
To learn more about the Hale Institute for Innovation and Research, email email@example.com.