IGNITE Graduate Recruitment Programme
Graduate Recruitment Programme
Hale School is Western Australia’s oldest independent boys’ school with a community of more than 1500 students and their families. There are approximately 160 teaching staff across three sub-schools, Junior, Middle and Senior. Hale School is recognised as a leader in boys’ education; where staff and students are well supported in an exceptional teaching and learning environment.
IGNITE aims to attract graduate teachers who are engaging, passionate and inspiring to join the School’s team of dedicated and innovative teachers. We value the fresh ideas and energy that new graduates can bring to our community. Hale School is deeply invested in education and recognises its responsibility to nurture and develop the teaching profession.
IGNITE is a unique opportunity to kickstart your teaching career at Hale School, offering successful applicants with
- a two-year fulltime teaching contract that will allow them to immerse themselves in a vibrant teaching and learning environment;
- a personalised professional development programme;
- a mentor teacher for ongoing support;
- accommodation (single room in shared accommodation);
- daily meals on campus;
- relocation support; and
- access to school facilities after hours, including library, pool and gym
Successful applicants will be expected to
- teach in their area of expertise, with the possibility and flexibility to teach in more than one discipline and across sub-schools;
- actively participate in co-curricular activities such as sport, music, drama, as well as special interest clubs and service learning;
- be involved in the Outdoor Education programme; and
- work with the School’s Boarding team to support student boarders;
Other requirements include:
- Holding a current Working with Children Check and a National Police Clearance
- Eligibility to apply for registration with the Teacher Registration Board of WA
- Must be a Permanent Australian Resident
- Being fully supportive of Hale School’s vision, purpose and Anglican heritage
Applicants are asked to submit applications via email providing
- a one-page cover letter;
- a CV and latest academic transcript;
- name and contact details of three referees (two professional and one character); and
- a URL link to a video of yourself (no more than 3 minutes) addressing the following questions:
- Why did you choose to be a teacher?
- In 60 seconds, teach me something.
- What three words would your family and friends use to describe you and why?
Please submit your application via email to the address appropriate to your university.
University of Western Australia - email@example.com
University of Sydney - firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Melbourne - email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 4 May 2018