1. The School collects personal information, including sensitive information about students and parents or guardians, before and during the course of a student's enrolment at the School. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable the School to provide schooling for your son.
2. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the School's legal obligations, particularly to enable the School to discharge its duty of care.
3. Some laws governing or relating to the operation of schools require that certain information is collected. These include Public Health and Mandatory Notification laws.
4. Health information about students is sensitive information within the terms of the National Privacy Principle 10 under the Privacy Act. We ask you to provide medical reports about pupils from time to time. On occasions Health information may be disclosed to staff to enable the School to discharge its duty of care.
5. The School from time to time discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative and educational purposes. This includes other schools, government departments, medical practitioners, and people providing services to the School, including specialist visiting teachers, and (sports) coaches.
6. Personal information collected from students may from time to time be disclosed to their parents or guardians. On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, student activities and other news is published in School newsletters, magazines and on our website.
7. Parents may seek access to personal information collected about them and their son by contacting the School. Students may also seek access to personal information about them. However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, where access may result in a breach of the School's duty of care to the student, or where students have provided information in confidence.
8. The School from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. (It may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the School's fundraising activities solely for that purpose.) We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
9. The School from time to time photographs and videotapes boys within the school environment. Such material, which may identify your son, is used by the School for promotional purposes on its web site and in various publications both within the School and the wider community. Should you not wish your son’s photograph to be used for promotional purposes, the School’s Privacy Officer should be advised.
10. We may include your contact details in a class list and School directory. If you do not agree to this you must advise us.
11. If you provide the School with the personal information of others, such as doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the School and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that the School does not usually disclose the information to third parties.