International Students

Hale School welcomes applications from overseas students wishing to study in Australia. Overseas Students are defined as non-resident students wishing to study in Australia under a visa subclass 570 or 571. Students with these visas are Full Fee Paying Overseas Students (FFPOS).
Applicants from non-English speaking backgrounds are required to undergo testing which is administered by an independent educational consultancy, Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS).  AEAS is headquartered in Melbourne and has representatives in Perth and in most large centres in South East Asia. Applicants will be assessed on their mathematical and English language abilities.  The minimum level of English language proficiency required will be determined by the year level applied for, and the subjects chosen at senior levels (Years 10-11). In most cases, a score of 70% for Years 7, 8 and 9 and 80% for entry to Years 10 and 11 would be the minimum requirement for entry into Hale School.
Please note offers of placement for Overseas Students are subject to availability of places in each year level and availability in the Boarding House.

Please download the online Hale School Application Form here.

This form is an interactive pdf, meaning you can enter your details directly into the form by clicking on the highlighted boxes. You will still, however, need to print the form off to sign and complete your credit card details. This is required to ensure your credit card details remain secure.

Once you have completed the form, please ensure you have included a copy of your son’s birth certificate and, if both parents were born overseas, include proof of citizenship (i.e: copy of visa, or copy of your Australian citizenship certificate, or copy of your Australian passport) and email to  Alternatively you can mail the form to:

Hale School
160 Hale Road
Wembley Downs 
Western Australia 6019

Parents of overseas applicants may view the School's obligations in terms of the ESOS framework by viewing the following link: Personal information about the student may be shared with the Australian Federal Government and State Government agencies.

Download the Handbook for Overseas Students
Download the Overseas Student Refund Policy
Overseas Student Transfer Between Registered Providers
Overseas Student Deferment Suspension and Cancellation of Studies