This philosophy is based on the School’s Statement of Purpose: “where students achieve to their potential and enjoy their school years” and the Core Values which state: “we encourage a lifelong passion for creativity, innovation and learning” and “we strive for excellence in all that we do”.
The quality of teaching and of teachers has a significant influence on student learning.
It is recognised that positive relationships with boys are a necessary foundation for learning. Teachers are a part of a professional learning community: they have a rich, contemporary understanding of curriculum, of how boys learn, and their individual needs and capabilities.
* Occurs in a mutually supportive, safe learning environment.
* Delivers a challenging and engaging curriculum.
* Elicits a positive response to the opportunities provided and expects all learners to strive for and achieve personal success.
* Incorporates strategies designed to meet the needs of individuals and groups of boys at recognised developmental stages.
* Focuses on learning skills that help boys develop the habits and behaviours of independent, creative and critical thinkers.
* Is innovative and informed by research.
* Is communicated professionally.
* Is demonstrated in a variety of authentic ways.
* Embraces a range of relevant technologies.
Our teaching is supported by an expectation that students are positive, willing and active participants.